Victorian Scarecrow, Pt 3

image

And here we have it, part 3 of the three post installments of my costume. In this post, I will talk about my glove part of the costume.

This piece had to have been the most challenging of all of the pieces, since I
pwas getting into unknown territory of certain pieces and materials. The finished design was nothing at all like what I had originally planned to make. But, I went with the flow with what worked and what didn’t, and I was not disapointed with the final product at all.

What is not pictured are the needles. I made leather finger cuffs that fit perfectly on my fingers with the hyperdermic needles on top.

image

Here, we have a better look on some of the details that I tooled on the leather. I have never really have practiced leather tooling before, save a couple of times on casual projects. So, considering, I am happy with the outcome with the designs that was done. The leather hand piece was riveted onto the forearm, so that wrist movement may take place if necessay.

image

This is what made the piece complete: an LED in a glass tube, to give that Scarecrow look. I had outside help with the lighting and the brass, since those are two mediums that I have had no experience with whatsoever. But I will get better as time goes on, and I will think of more crazy and outlandish and challenging projects in the future.

So there you have it, folks. My costume! This concludes my three part post series for this project. I look forward to making more extreme projects in the future. It seems like my hands can’t work fast enough to make all of the things that I have been wanting to do.

So there you have it, folks! That concludes